Monday, April 18, 2011

Oven Roasted Green Beans

Oven Roasted Green Beans
Katie (Katiedid)

2 pounds green beans, trimmed
4 tsp olive oil
1 tsp kosher or sea salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 425. Place a jelly roll pan in oven for 10 minutes. Place beans in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Arrange green beans in a single layer on preheated baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.

Katie’s Notes: Preheating the banking sheet helps the beans cook faster, but is not necessary. I usually even turn my oven up to 450 because we like our beans to get good and roasted until they start to brown, I end up baking them probably more like 20 minutes. I also usually just put the beans on the baking sheet if I don’t preheat it and then just drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper without measuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment