Sunday, January 3, 2010

White Chicken Chili

We volunteered today at the soup kitchen that our church participates in once a month so for dinner I wanted something quick and easy that I did not have to stand in the kitchen for a long time making. I had everything for white chicken chili so I made a batch of that. I found this recipe last year on a cooking board that I frequent. We really like this recipe. Since Alex would be eating it, I didnt put the whole can of green chiles in because I was not sure if she would like them. Dinner was a hit for everyone. I hope you enjoy!

White Chili
Sharon --GatorGrrrl

1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro (or 1 tbsp fresh)
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles
1 can (19 ounces) white kidney beans (cannellini)

Topping
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
2 sliced green onions (optional)
2 cups tortilla chips


Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken cubes and onions; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring. Stir in chicken broth, chiles and spices. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes.

Stir in beans and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. To serve, put some tortillas in a bowl, top with chili and top with cheese and sliced green onions, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment