Friday, June 4, 2010

Cheesy Chicken Chowder

I love this soup. I made it several times over the winter.

Cheesy Chicken Chowder

2 cups diced potatoes (I dice them very small)
1 cup diced carrot (I shred the carrot)
1 cup diced celery (we dont like so I eliminate)
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups chicken broth (more if you dont want it too thick...I always use a carton of chicken broth)
2-3 cups sharp cheddar
1/4 cup flour
1.5 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 cups milk
2 cups cooked and cubed chicken (I always use a rotisserie chicken so I am sure I have more than 2 cups)

In a pa bring broth to a boil. Reduce heat and add carrots, celery, onions, poatoes, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. In a small pan melt butter. Add flour and mix well. Gradually add milk and cook over low heat until slightly thickened. Add cheese until melted. Mix cheese mixture and broth mixture together. Heat through. Add chicken and heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment